Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Alice in the public eye.




Alice did it again! in the Beeld Leefstyl today they are featuring articles on fantasy and fantasizing. As part of the theme they wrote an article about fantasy in fashion. On the cover is photographs of Abigail Betz's Sweet blossom range inspired by the Alice in wonderland blue Victorian dress, showcased earlier this year at the Afi fashion week, accompanied by an article on page 5, Nooi was also featured as our own Alice range fit in perfectly with the theme. Abigail is one of my favourite South African designers, and in my mind one of the best. To find Nooi in the Newspaper on the same page as Abigail is my own little fantasy come true...

I find it interesting though that the Alice range started to get publicity in the last month as it was my winter range. I might be better at trend prediction than I thought, or is it just an understanding of the zeitgeist? I started wondering about this after I saw that another designer did A Voortrekker range at the last Afi fashion week, after mine was already showcased in the January Afi fashion week. Not to mention the Mr Price projects Vellies you can now buy. Trend predictor or trend setter, I don't know but I am glad to know that my ideas concerning design is on the same page as Abigail Betz's ideas(excuse the pun) and other South African designers. I also really enjoyed seeing how different our interpretations of Alice in wonderland was, even though the initial idea was the same, the difference in our style of design and end products is phenomenal!

No comments:

Post a Comment