Monday, September 20, 2010

Weiss Beer and Wolves


Weiss beer and Wolves, now you might wonder how does Weiss beer and Wolves cafe end up on a fashion blog, except for my beautiful gold and turquoise earrings I bought there, I had a conversation with the girl sitting next to me, that got me thinking about a new possible future for Nooi. Somewhere in the conversation I realised the girl thought I was the girl with the label that revamped vintage clothing, a conclusion she made from my wedding dress project. I thought, why don't I revamp old clothes? Not only does it fit in with the Nooi image but this could be very economical. Every Nooi garment covers the cost of drawing a new pattern and fabric, which then ends up in the garment's price, reducing profit...revamping old clothes completely eliminates those two elements that contribute to the price. And of course there is the green recycling element. Hmmmm.... I think I'll be visiting the hospice soon.

1 comment:

  1. hi, how can I contact you? or am i just being silly and not seeing the contact details... strong possibility.
    i loved the wedding dress and love the idea of reusing old dresses into something new and beautiful...
    if you would be interested in doing something like this again please email me on mienke.hattingh@gmail.com **

    ReplyDelete